The skin is the largest organ in the body, that protects us from the outside world and at the same time connects us with it. That is why paediatric or infant massage is indicated in children from birth. It is very useful in hyperactive or restless children, because it helps them to relax and calm down, as well as in children with disabilities, since it supposes a very positive stimulus of confidence, security and self-acceptance.
Among the benefits of massage, we could highlight:
- Stimulation: of the physiological, psychological and emotional development in the baby and in the child through touch.
- Security: physical contact makes you feel safe and valued, allowing the development of your self-esteem and confidence.
- Physical growth: massage promotes awareness of the body, tones and strengthens the muscles, promotes balanced growth, activates circulation, and promotes the development of the nervous system and the immune system (defences).
- Wellness: relieves pain and helps relaxation, prolonging and deepening sleep.
- Improves the digestive system: favours the elimination of gases and, therefore, prevents constipation.
- Improves and increases the connection between parents and children, strengthens mutual respect, and reduces parental stress.